In today's business environment, organizations need to make efforts to reduce transaction costs and organizational risks while still maintaining relationships with new and existing customers. In such circumstances, companies are trying to transform the existing business operations, which ultimately improve business performance. However, the simple transfer of process knowledge on paper, development of regulations, policies and descriptions of the process steps does not always produce the intended effect. To solve these problems we need to deploy the dynamic case applications for business processes acceleration and automation, enabling employees to make more reasoned decisions, to coordinate the flow of information and to provide customers with high quality services.
Our specialists have available special tools that give organizations the ability of quickly adaptation to the external environment. Offering the cooperation on the description, analysis, optimization and automation of your key business processes (BP), we use the tools of process analytics: ADONIS Business Process Management and modern BPMS (Business Process Management Systems) – systems of BP control.
The value of solution for different levels of enterprise management:
For business owners: the enhancement of the Company value, the growth of business effectiveness by the improving of manageability, the reduction of transaction costs and the central duplication of operations, the associating of business processes with company’s strategic objectives.
For top managers: the improvement of manageability by increasing of Company activity transparency, organizational realignment, strict regulation of employees’ activity, increase of coherence of interactions between different business units.
For line managers: the simplification of procedures for planning and controlling of individual employees activities, the increase of interaction between different business units.
For minor executives: the precise understanding of everyone’s responsibilities and the establishing of correspondence between carried out works and job descriptions, which allows to improve the quality of work and to raise the level of financial well-being through the incentive program.
The project on description, analysis, optimization and automation of key business processes represents a consistent fulfilment of certain steps, namely:
First Stage. Description and analysis
At this stage, among all the existing Business processes of the Company we define several key processes that represent the greatest value to the business. We carry out the description of these BPs, that is we give the formal representation of separate structural units of the organization. In this regard we determine which specific functions are performed by each employee, who is responsible for the entire BP as a whole, what standards and norms underly the implementation of the described BP.
The sequence of BP description and analysis:
Step 1. Interviewing
The experts of BrigRetail LLC conduct interviews with the leaders/key personnel of the Company who own the information necessary for BP modeling.
During the interviewing the Business Analysts:
- Analyze the existing organizational structure of the Company;
- Study the current document workflow;
- Carry out the audit of IT infrastructure;
- Determine the sequence of execution of described business process steps.
Step 2. Mapping
Our business analysts form the BP models based on information obtained during the interview and describe them in a graphical and tabular form with the appropriate business analysis tools.
The result of First stage: «AS IS» BP MODEL.
Second stage. Business process optimization
The activity of most companies requires regular changeovers aimed at increasing of competitive advantages. However, any changes are associated with certain risks, because they can result the breaking of the established and successfully operating processes. It is to achieve a reasonable proportion between rationality of changes and the extent of admissible risks, the consultants of BrigRetail do:
- The logistic analysis of "as is" process model, after which it will be apparent the facts, such as duplication of operations, inefficient distribution of functions, frequent transfer of documents and the results from department to department, etc.;
- Modelling of "To be" BP using one of the methodologies of process management;
- Risk evaluation of carried out transformations;
- Evaluation of estimated benefits (time, cost, resources) of the internal changes;
- Development of regulations of interactions between process actors;
- Agreement with the customer of «To be» BP model, regulations of interactions between organizational structure units;
- Training of staff in new processes.
Result of second stage:«TO BE» BP MODEL.
Third stage. Automation
The procedure on automation of BPs is the final step, after the description and optimization of Company’s processes, considering that documented BPs provide the best selection of industrial IT systems and more efficient operation of the software.
For BPs automation our company proposes to use modern BPMSs (Business Process Management Systems) - systems for management of business processes in integration with industrial IT systems of ERP, CRM, ECM class.
The process of automation of BPs includes:
- The choice of BPMS, the making setting of «To be» BP in it;
- Integration with other systems, in which the separate steps of BP are performed;
- Development of end user documentation;
- Training of the team of users.
The result of third stage and the Project: AUTOMATED KEY BPs, WHICH ARE OF GREAT VALUE FOR BUSINESS.
At all stages we use only the best tools of process analytics:
ADONIS. DESCRIPTION OF TOOL
To view the full picture of the business of any company, we recommend the use of process analytics tool - ADONIS Business Process Management, which enables companies to describe the processes from top-level chart to the chart of specific process steps implementation.
The distinctive feature of ADONIS is the possibility of use of special tools integrated into it for analysis and comparative evaluation of "As is" and "To be" processes.
ADONIS® offers a specific functionality and simulation methods that are designed for gathering of information, modelling, analysis, simulation (simulation of a process), evaluation and documentation of BP.
Typical scenarios of ADONIS® usage:
- Modelling of processes (graphical description of BP models);
- Optimization of processes (identification of "bottle necks" of the process);
- Quality management (maintenance of described BP models up to date);
- Evaluation of business processes cost: depending on by whom the steps of the process are performed (human resource planning for execution of the simulated process);
- Development and maintenance up to date of instructions of employees performing the steps of processes.
Work with ADONIS® begins with the definition of criteria and objectives, the Company wishes to achieve with the help of the described process models and ends with evaluation of the described "To be" models.
Criteria Definition:criteria and objectives, which the company wants to achieve by performing the described process (for example, reduce the time of process execution, or reduce the number of company’s employees who perform this process).
Information Acquisition:information acquisition, modelling and documenting of "As is" business processes.
Analysis:identification and evaluation of "bottle necks" of the process, optimization of the process.
Design:designing, modeling and evaluation of "To be" processes.
Evaluation:synchronization of "As is" / "To be" processes and controlling by criteria and objectives.
BPMS. FUNCTIONALITY TESTING
A typical BPMS consists of a standard set of components corresponding to the well-known life-cycle stages:
Typically the structure of BPMS includes: a graphic designer for BP scheme modelling, a form editor and a server that executes business processes. Initially the BPs are modelled in a graphical editor. In the form editor we create a visual image of the process actor’s task at the moment of certain steps performance. Processes are executed by the Server.
Analysis of processes: the time taken to perform the appropriate steps and other statistical information, it is carried out by means of tools allowing analyzing of running processes.
The procedure of creating of BP model in BPMS is not much different from the usual for business analysts procedure of BPs description: the sequencing of steps, routing, depending on the conditions, documents and actions in different systems at certain steps performed by different user groups. The result is stored on the server, after that the process can be started by the employee having the necessary authorities. After analyzing of effectiveness of BP performance we can make changes to the scheme. The function of BP modelling using graphical tools is the key for BPM and does not require the participation of developers.
The advantages of BPMS using:
- Automation of enterprise processes critical for business;
- Integration with Systems, automatic execution of different activities in systems of enterprises, the exchange of data between Systems;
- Organization of convenient "workplace" for company employee to run the processes and to execute the specific tasks (process steps);
- Access security to the processes of System depending on the roles and authorities of employees;
- BPMS is a powerful tool for company management. Processes become manageable and transparent to managers, they are easy configurable, regulating the activity of the structural units of different levels, it appears a real opportunity to plan the work of employees.